Anime News Network - Article

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Hakuro de Killer: Ace Manga-ka!

Hello and good evening once again! Today I tell you a little about a manga I am working on. It doesn't have a formal name yet, but until then, I have codenamed this manga "Shounen Holiday". It's a compilation of famous christmas stories and folklore from around the world into a Shounen-style manga like Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, Gintama, and others. In any case, the story will combine these elements in a similar form to how Soul Eater compiled famous Halloween-related stories together.

In any case, I won't say much more about it right now, but I will show you two versions of a pic I have close to completion. There is the color version to show how the character is colored, then there is the black-and-white manga version, which you will see more often. Now, I will say that if you have any constrictive critiques at all, please oh please comment!

Two things about the below pictures: First, the character has no face. I am aware of this. I am rather bad with faces, so I will wait until I can give him a name before giving him a face. The second is the Kanji on his black shirt. This kanji is 雪 (read 'Yuki'), which translated into English means 'Snow'.



No comments:

Post a Comment